Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The good, the bad and the ugly

With every print I come closer to success! ....until something goes wrong. Then it feels like two steps back after making a good step forward. But don't loose heart men, good things are on the horizon. 

There was some good that came my way, check it out


"Couples hike" turned out great! 
It is nice to see that after many an hour working on these prints, these prints start coming together. I couldn't be more excited about the color and how it turned out. One down, more to go. 

 
"Family sunset" also looks great. 
I struggled a bit more with this one. A few of the prints didn't register right so I'm going to have to print a few more colored prints to get the number of prints in my edition up to where I want it. That will suck up more time, time that I'm quickly running out of. But it will all be worth it in the end. 

Those were the good, the successes. now the bad. 


"How much further?" Was a flop. Bust. Dud.
When I was printing the colored print the reds didn't look so deep and dark, but once the black key image was printed, it toned the whole image down. So I'll soon be starting over working on lightening up the colors to make another great print. One step back.... 

Now the ugly. I'm not sure what happened but whatever it was, it wasn't right.  



Complete misfire. My two prints didn't line up. But that didn't worry me initially. I have been printing extra colored prints for this very reason. I printed more colored prints then I knew I needed cause not every print registers the way I want them to. So no big deal, just move this one aside and print the next one. Bla! Same thing. The registration was off but not as bad as this one. Third times the charm. Nope. Off registration again! Well I determined that this was a sign to call it a night so I could come back in the next few nights and figure it out. Two steps back....

With failure comes new opportunity to discover, and I feel a new idea is about to blow my way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment