Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Playing on the river

Happy 2015 everyone!
Another year, another chance for amazing things. I'm really looking forward to this year. I have been working on my goals for this year and am really excited to get to work. But first and foremost, working on and finishing this Zion residency. 

The deadline is coming up quick, about 2 more months, and I have a long way to go before my pieces are ready to hang. 

My next piece in my series: playing on the river. 
This is my 3rd print I've completed and if you have been following along since the beginning of my residency journey, you would be thinking to yourself right now "just his 3rd one? Isn't he doing 20 prints for this project? Man he is really behind." You would be right, I am still working on 20 images for this project but what I'm really behind on is keeping my blog updated. I finished this print a little over 3 weeks ago and only now getting it uploaded to my blog. So sorry for the long wait. 

The color went really smoothly, I'm beginning to really love this jigsaw method of printmaking. 


Once the colored ink had a chance to dry for a while, and I had a chance to carve the key block it was time to put the two together for one beautiful image. There is a beauty in just the black and white. Ah I love printmaking! 


And yet the image feels more complete and visually pleasing in color. It's understandable, Zion is such a colorful place. 


Well like I said, there are many many many more to come (17 to be exact) so stay tuned. Also feel free to sign up to receive my blog posts by email by subscribing to my blog. If you scroll up to the top of my blog on the right side bar you will see my website link, and under that is a line where you can enter your email and then automatically every time I post, it will come to you in your inbox. Pretty cool technology. 

Well until next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment