Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Updating colored prints

These last few weeks were busy (and productive). Yet it has to be that way or my Zion show won't get done. I've come to the crunch time! There are about 6 more weeks until March arrives. It's a little crazy to think that the year just started but in 6 weeks the first quarter of 2015 will be here. Scary thought. 

So last week I challenged myself to getting one colored print done each night. I was shooting to have 6 more done by the end of last week, bringing my total number of colored prints finished to 11. But I was just shy from finishing that last week and now currently I have 9 colored prints finished, ready and waiting for the black key block image. 

I wanted to catch you up on my progress so here they are, the next few images for Zion. 



"Brothers lookout" 
I don't know if these are going to be the final titles for these works, but these are what I'm calling them now to identify them. 

Also I got the key block carved out for this one I just haven't printed them together but here is what "brothers lookout" looks like all carved out.




"Decent" 


"Family sunset" 


"Couples hike"


"You're almost there!" 


"Celebrate" 

Last weeks challenge was printing, this weeks challenge is carving. I'm well on my way for the week being half over. I have 3-4 prints all carved and are just waiting to be printed. So there's the hook to keep you guys coming back for more. In a few weeks there will be a new post with finished prints to see, so stay tuned. Maybe subscribe to my blog by putting your email address in the bar on the top right of this page. That ensures you won't miss out on anything! Otherwise come back and see what I've done, ask questions, leave comments, share this with friends. Until next week. 





No comments:

Post a Comment